The Fulton County Board of Health’s Ryan White Program is one of the first HIV programs to be offered in the state of Georgia. It provides a comprehensive array of services including primary care, oral and mental health, and substance abuse support for those who are impoverished and are living with HIV/AIDS.
The aim of this program is to target these highly vulnerable individuals whose well-being has been compromised and to give them access to care that they normally would not be able to afford.
- Routine medical visits
- Complete physical examinations
- Screening and treatment for STDs/STIs, TB, and other infections
- Standard bloodwork for HIV primary care
- Antiretroviral and primary care medications
- Oral Health (Dental)
- Initial assessments/exams
- Routine cleanings and X-rays
- Fillings for cavities
- Services for partials
- Other support offered
- AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP)
- Nutritional assessments and assistance (supplements, multivitamins, and food vouchers)
- Medical transportation
Eligibility Requirements for Ryan White Program
In order to receive services in Fulton County Board of Health’s Ryan White Program, clients must meet eligibility criteria every six months which includes:
- Positive HIV serostatus
- Must have an income less than 400% of the most current Federal Poverty Level. Examples of proof of income include:
- Paycheck stubs
- A notarized statement or letter (on letterhead from employer) verifying income
- W2 forms or public assistance letters
- Unemployment checks and/or Social Security benefits
- Proof of Residency within the following counties: Barrow, Bartow, Carroll, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Newton, Paulding, Pickens, Rockdale, Spalding, and Walton. Examples of proof of residency include:
- Copy of utility, cable TV, or phone bill
- Copy of lease/mortgage agreement
- Letter from shelter if homeless
- Letter from a person (i.e., family or friend) who is responsible for the space you reside in
- Photo identification
For more details on eligibility, please visit this page.
Fees are charged on a sliding scale basis depending on your current annual income and health insurance status.