Health checks provide a comprehensive array of preventive, diagnostic, and treatment services for Medicaid-eligible infants, children, and adolescents under the age of 21. This program allows children to receive early detection and care so that health problems are averted or diagnosed and treated as early as possible.
Children who are Medicaid members or in PeachCare for Kids are eligible to get health checks at no charge.
Services Provided Include:
- A detailed record of developmental and health history
- Vision and hearing screening
- Nutritional assessment
- Age-appropriate developmental, psychosocial and school performance assessment
- Anticipatory guidance
- Comprehensive physical examination
- Blood pressure checks
- Tuberculosis risk assessment and skin tests
- Possible lead exposure through the Georgia Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
- Appropriate lab tests
- Dental referrals