College Park Residents
Being healthy looks different for everybody. Good health is not how much we weigh or how often we workout or whether we have a medical condition. It’s about the quality of our lives – which includes our physical, mental, and social well-being.
To be healthy, we need to take care of ourselves. Not just part of us, but the whole of us.
The changes we make to improve our health are known as lifestyle changes. Lifestyle changes can lower our risk for chronic diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. They can also help us sleep better, move better, and feel better.
Start your journey to better health by following these 4 tips:
- Get Moving: – Find an activity you love and will do.
– Move Your Way!
Eat Well – Get the right balance of foods to thrive
– Learn how to eat Healthy with MyPlate
- Connect to Care & Get Screened Regularly see your care provider regularly to reduce your chance of getting sick.
– Access affordable, high-quality primary care at a Community Health Center health center near you.
– Need low-cost health insurance? Check out healthcare.gov or Georgia Medicaid to see if you’re eligible.
– Find out if you’re up to date on your health screenings.
We know lifestyle changes may not be easy for you to make. That’s why we are here to help. For more information on what you can do to develop and maintain healthy habits, reach out to a Community Health or Resource Specialist at 770-520-7391 or Health.email@example.com
The “Healthy Looks Good on You” campaign was developed in partnership between the Fulton County Board of Health and the City of College Park.